LuvBug live @Qube Project 25/06/15 - Review & Interview


Hiya everyone! Hope you're all good !

So, I've finally managed to just about recover enough to tell you all about this, on Thursday night I journeyed down to Victoria, London and saw LuvBug live for the very first show they've played with all of them together.
It was located at the Qube Project, which is a small but really sweet venue tucked behind Victoria station.

From when I first arrived it did not take long for everyone to be up on the dance floor skanking to the sets that JKAY, WhiteN3rd and Marvin Humes played through out the night. *insert dancing lady in red dress emoji here*
They played a range of different genres, they had remixed some of the top songs at the moment and some classics. I nearly passed out with excitement when I heard Love Shy. Still a tune.
Mark Asari was also there (who is the vocalist on "Revive") and let me tell you, his voice is unbelievably sick. It was great to see him there performing behind the decks.

Find Mark on TWITTER

It was so incredible to be able to be there for their first ever show, it'll be unreal to go and watch them again and again, to see them grow as a group and watch their fan base expand. Which it's bound to - they are 3 insanely talented DJs and I can tell that things are obviously only going to get bigger and better for them.
I'd recommend seeing them 100%. Well worth the trip.

I also got the amazing opportunity to interview Marvin about Luvbug, their friendships and advice for getting into the industry.. I'll include the interview below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Marv! How did you find your first show together? Must have been such a buzz.. 
Yeah it was good for us to finally play all together. It was good to have Mark there too - to perform on Revive.
We like to collaborate with as many people as we can. Not just well known artists.

Yes! I loved him, such an incredible voice. So, JKAY and WhiteN3rd, are we allowed to know their real names? Or is this classified/secret information? Haha of course you can know - WhiteN3rd is Scott and JKAY is Jon.

You never know! The might not want to reveal their identity or something. So, have you known the lads for a long time?
I've known JKAY since we were teenagers. We grew up a couple of streets away from each other in Greenwich. He helped me work on solo projects before JLS.
WhiteN3rd I've known for a few years, he helped to produce some of the early JLS tracks. So we've all worked together before.

That's pretty sweet. So how does LuvBug compare to being in a boyband?
There are a few differences of course. LuvBug is a lot more chilled. While I was in JLS, we spent a lot of our time on promo. With LuvBug we can just focus our time on being in the studio.

Just while we're on the subject of JLS, do you think you'll collab with one of the guys? Maybe have them on a track?  Well J has been in the studio and written with us, we've remixed Aston's new track and Orits
é has been asking to get into the studio - so you never know. We're all still really close.

Amazing. So have you always been into house music? Is it something you've always wanted to play?
Yeah I've always loved it - I've been DJing since I was 15/16. I had been playing a lot of it around when I knew that JLS was coming to an end. It's cool to do something different.

So if you could collab with any artist, dead or alive, who would it be?
Hmm that's a tough one you know.. probably Bob Marley. Bob Marley on a house record.

Oh my gosh, that's so good. Literally, you have to make this happen! Remix one of his tracks or something..
Yeah, that's a good shout actually. < (I'm taking full credit for this if it ever happens)

Wait till you hear this one - after how I'm feeling last night and how I imagine a lot of people are feeling over the weekend, how do you like to Revive yourself during a hang over?
Hahah oh I see what you did there - that was good. I'd say I always take Paracetamol and drink water before bed. Try and attack it before it's happened. Or go for a run.

A run? Hmm.
Well... I wouldn't do it myself, but some people say it's really good!

Yeah, I could never imagine being hungover and thinking "yeah I must run" So myself personally, I am trying to get into the Radio industry. I really want to become a radio presenter. I've also spoken to a lot of people in similar situations, who want to get into the music industry one way or another. What advice could you give to people in this situation?
I'd say experience is the most valuable thing. Go to local radio stations - ask if you can get any experience from them. Practice, sit in your room and record yourself. Pretend you have your own radio show. As long as you keep trying and get yourself out there, make yourself seen. You'll get there.

Well, that's all the questions I have for you, Marv! Thank you so much for your time and I'll be coming to more of your shows in the future. No doubt.
Thank you for being so kind, thank you for coming down to our show and have a safe trip home!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been an amazing couple of days and I'd like to take the time to thank and congratulate LuvBug on their first gig together. It was so sick and I'm so excited for future shows.
If you're thinking about seeing them - think no more. They're definitely worth seeing.
I'd also like to thank Marvin for his time - genuinely one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Stalk LuvBug on social media by clicking the links below, they'll love it.

THEIR SITE
TWITTER
FB
SOUNDCLOUD
INSTA
LUVBUG VEVO

Enjoy!

G.x

No comments