Lorde - Green Light


Hiya! I hope you're alright.

3 years. 3 damn years I've been anticipating this magic, and it's better than I ever could have imagined. Lorde has returned with "Green Light" the first single from her second album "Melodrama"


Without getting into too much personal detail, this has arrived at the perfect time for me. The lyrics are so easy for me to relate to right now, I have no shame admitting that I shed a couple of tears the first time I heard it.

"I know about what you did and I want to scream the truth. She thinks you love the beach you're such a damn liar""Thought you said that you'd always be in love. But you're not in love no more"
"But honey I'll be seeing you where ever I go. But honey I'll be seeing you down every road"


Lorde has managed to beautifully mash together every single feeling and excruciating memory that comes with heartbreak, into an absolutely breath-taking 4 minutes and 3 seconds.

I can't find the words to express how thankful I am to have a breakup anthem like this right now, I'm so excited to hear what else Lorde has in store in her upcoming album.

Enjoy!
G.x

No comments