#DiscoverSeptemer - Leon Bridges


Hello everyone! Hope you're all good!

Today, as a part of Discover September, I want to talk about one of my favourite songs right now...



This is "River" by Leon Bridges. Honestly, one of my favourite songs of the year. No doubt about it. I'm not sure why but this track just completely drew me in since I first heard it, but I knew it had been affecting people in the same way when I read the comments on his video.
Here are some of my favourites:


"with a true SENSE OF R&B this guy will go far. I can bet that everyone who digs this, is a fan of 50s, and 60s R&B. This guy is keeping that sound alive and we can help him."
"I'm on this track, and I want to tell you what a beautiful experience it was in the booth with Leon, a fantastically humble and gracious kid, and all of the other local vocalists, who just came together out of love and support for our friend. We put the bridge together in the hallway between the bar I worked in and the warehouse, full of badass vintage recording gear and a fifty year old tape machine. Everyone just did it for the love. It was beautiful."

"On the night of the 4th of July, me and my boyfriend were enjoying pizza and soda with candles that provided a somber light for us as we watched the fireworks. As the radio was playing, we were hearing this song and, out of nowhere, he stood up, like a gentlemen, and asked me if I wanted to dance with him. I felt like I was in heaven as we danced slowly with our arms wrapped around each other while he was gently stroking my back, whispering cute, little jokes, and looking me into my eyes right before he would grant me the sweetest kisses ever. Sparks were definitely flying in that moment, and I'm not talking about the fireworks in the sky! <3 :) <3"


Those comments go above and beyond explaining this song 100 times better than I can. The love I have for this is unreal, it's really relaxing, chill, refreshing and everything in between. I feel like Leon is really bringing true romance back into the industry and into our lives.

Once in a while I stumble across an artist like this and I can't help but tell everyone about them. Follow Leon Bridges through the links below, you wont want to miss anything from this talented man.

Twitter
Facebook
Website

Enjoy!
G.x

No comments