Blackbear - Playing Dead (SevnthWonder Remix)



Hiya everyone! Hope you're all okay.

So today I thought I'd share an incredible tune that I've been loving recently. I actually saw a comment on one video for this saying "this song makes me want to throw an an insanely expensive hotel suite party" and I've never related to a comment more than this one! That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking the first time I heard this.

This is SevnthWonder's remix of "Blackbear - Playing Dead" and for those of you who have been following me for a while now will know that, I usually go on to write a short description in my own words about the artist, just to let you know who they are in case you've never heard of them and you were interested in knowing more. But I found this bio on SevnthWonder's Facebook page and to be perfectly honest, I couldn't have worded it better myself. So here you go...

'Making waves through outer space and back, the secretive future R&B production don known as SevnthWonder is the tiger who is low-key taking over the internet. Born in Houston, Texas and currently residing outside Boston, the 21-year-old producer got his start playing Jazz piano at the age of 5, and taking production style cues from the likes of Kanye, J Dilla, and DJ Premiere, has grown into his own hybrid style of sampling and creation. Since his first releases in March of 2013, he’s quickly amassed 2.5 million plays and multiple BBC Radio 1 features without signs of slowing. His style ranges from r&b, to hip-hop, around to house, and back again in a style that throws genre truly to the wind in favor of exploration into the yet uncharted territories of electronic music’s future.'
A style that throws genre truly to the wind in favor of exploration into the yet uncharted territories of electronic music’s future... Now I don't know about you, but I like the sound of that. This remix is insane and I know that I'm looking forward to hearing more from SevnthWonder.


Enjoy!
G.x

No comments