My Top 15 Songs Of 2014!



Hiya everyone! Hope you're all okay.


So as you're all probably aware, the end of the year is fast approaching so I thought it was about time to put together my Spotify list of Top 15 songs to emerge this year. There have been some absolute bangers and I'll explain why I like each one down below!




1. Tove Lo - Not On Drugs: It seriously confuses me how underrated this woman is. Her music is incredible. I've chosen one of her songs for the sake of this playlist but honestly, her whole EP should be here. I'm so excited to hear more from her in 2015.

2. Beyonce - 7/11: It took me a while but I've fallen head-over-heels in love with this track (In fact check out my next post, I've got an incredible remix I want to share!) For a while I was like "What the hell is this?" but I gave it a while and it's really grown on me. It's a good'en when you're getting ready for a night out.


3. Mark Ronson ft Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk: Well, I don't think I need to explain why this one made it onto the list. So, so sick.

4. One Direction - No Control: I don't care whether you love or hate 1D, this is my playlist and I'll have what I like on here! For real though, their ablum "Four" which dropped this year, is the best music they've ever released. I decided to include "No Control" but to be honest, like Tove Lo, the whole album deserves to be here. They're writing their own music, their lyrics have matured, their voices have come on leaps & bounds... 10/10 gold stars for you, 1D. Buzzing to hear this live next October.

5. Years & Years - Desire: This song is insane! I'm so obsessed with Years & Years at the moment. So excited to see what they bring in the new year, definitely one to watch.

6. LuvBug ft Talay Riley - Resonance: Again, LuvBug are, for sure, the people to watch in 2015. This song is their debut single Resonance. They've also just dropped their second single, "Revive (Say Something)" which does not disappoint. Best believe when they announce their first set date in London, I will be the first one there, right at the front, starkers. Maybe not the last point but, you get the picture.

7. Kove ft Melissa Steel - Way We Are: I couldn't miss this out of my list. I remember I was going to Great Yarmouth in summer, which is about a 2 hour drive from where I live but due to roadworks I was stuck in traffic for FOUR HOURS. Fortunately this single had just been released and was being played on Radio 1 multiple times throughout my nightmare journey. Made waiting in 29/30 degree heat a bit more bearable.

8. Kiesza - No Enemiesz: Kiesza is such a huge girl crush for me. Incredible artist, sick dancer, beautiful. The whole package. To be fair, like others on this playlist, any of her songs could have easily made it onto this list.

9. Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynne - Real Love: Being pretty much the year of Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne, it makes sense that this beautiful song is here. These two are so incredible on their own and when you put them both together, there are no words to describe what happens. They're like musical soul mates.

10. Foo Fighters - Something From Nothing: Now, I was disappointed when this song came out because a lot of people were complaining how 'bad' this song is. I think it's incredible. Foo Fighters can do no wrong by me at all. End of story.

11. Coldplay - Sky Full Of Stars: I really didn't expect to hear something like this come from Coldplay! Don't get me wrong I adore Coldplay but, you have to admit, this isn't usually their style. I absolutely adore this song, it's so beautiful.

12. Ariana Grande ft The Weeknd - Love Me Harder: This song. Oh my god. Let me just say, I'm so happy The Weeknd is back, I could probably shed a tear. It's nice to hear something more mature from Ariana Grande, her voice is out of this world.

13. Sam Smith - Money On My Mind: Well, hasn't this guy had an incredible year?! I'm very ready for a new album from him.

14. Oliver Heldens ft Becky Hill - Gecko (Overdrive): Ah this song. *insert heart eye emoji* I'd love to be able to write a long paragraph about it but, words fail me. It's so perfect for pumping yourself up, for the gym or a night out.

15. Duke Dumont ft Jax Jones - I Got U: If you know me well you'll know it's no surprise that Duke Dumont made it onto my list. In my eyes, he can do no wrong. No wrong whatsoever. His music, this song in particular, has a way of completely lifting your mood, taking you away from any problems you have. Even if only for a couple of minutes. My 2014 summer jam and the perfect way to round of this list.

I hope you've enjoyed this list! Let me know, what's been your song of the year?
Enjoy.
G.x

2 comments

  1. Great picks! It's refreshing to find a music blog! Love your content!

    ReplyDelete