Phoebe Ryan - James


Hi! I hope you're okay.

Soo today I thought I'd talk about an EP that I am obsessed with. When I say obsessed, I mean, o b s e s s e d.

This is the 'James' EP by Phoebe Ryan!


Phoebe Ryan is an American singer/songwriter, who has written for the likes of Britney Spears, Melanie Martinez, Oh Honey and Bea Miller.

This is the ultimate EP for anyone who has ever experienced the intense pain of a relationship turning sour. I read an interview with Phoebe about the EP and she stated that 'everyone has a James' and damn it she's right!

[Verse 1] He asked me for his Iron Maiden shirt back It crushed me, 'cause it was the best one I had Tell me why it's gotta be this way, why it's gotta be this way What did I do, what did I say? I'm fighting like crazy, 'cause things ain't the same [Chorus] James has changed He don't want me anymore I feel strange, he don't love me like he did before It's a shame, 'cause my James was all I had And he's not even sad

These^ are some of the lyrics from a song on the EP called 'James Has Changed'. Like many people I'm sure, I feel so connected to this EP because I have been in this situation. I had a James and James definitely changed, leaving me in the dust wondering what went wrong. Phoebe Ryan has totally nailed the perfect indie-pop EP. She's managed to capture the highs and lows of a relationship and it's break up, and then beautifully convert those feelings into a 17 minute emotional roller coaster.

I am a huge fan of Phoebe and you can bet if she ever announces a show in the UK, I'll be the first one there.

Keep up with Phoebe Ryan on social:


Til next time!

No comments