The Academic - Why Can't We Be Friends


Hiya! I hope you're good?

I just wanted to introduce you to a tune that I've been loving this week. The Academic released a new single on Nov 17th called 'Why Can't We Be Friends' and since then I've been a changed woman.

It has even been featured on Radio 1 as Annie Mac's hottest record. Mental and absolutely well deserved!

They've got this ability to completely lift my mood with their music. Their electric, wild, youthful, refreshing sound provides the perfect music to get lost in. They're a talented band with a sound built for massive stages and a soundtrack for massive moments.

Watching The Academic go from strength to strength has left me a little *shook*
I had the pleasure of interviewing the lads in 2015. Seeing their journey and growth from then to now has been an incredible thing to witness.
(To check that interview out you can head over here - http://www.planetluxmusic.com/2015/04/meet-academic.html)

A L S O, I have also had a sneaky listen through their upcoming debut album 'Tales From The Backseat' and I am currently in the process of picking my jaw up off of the floor. Obviously I'm not here to spill any tea. Just know that you will not be disappointed.


The Academic's debut album 'Tales From The Backseat' will be released January 12th. Pre-Order here:


Keep up with The Academic on social:


Til next time!


No comments