The 1975


Hey everyone! Hope you're all good.

So today as part of my 12 days of Christmas, where I show off some of my favourite artists, I am sharing The 1975! Duh. Of course they'd make it onto this list.



Above is a playlist containing 20 of my favourite 1975 songs so far. Beginning, of course, with UGH! Their gorgeous newest release.

Now let me tell you, I've been listening to this band for 3 years now and I remember the exact time when I first heard them. It was 2012 and Huw Stephens played "The City" on BBC 1 and I was mind blown. Like, I'd never be the same again. Here I am 3 years later, still haven't seen them live and I think it's a crime. They are touring at the beginning of next year and I do not care if I have to be there alone, I will be there. *cries*

Of course UGH! and Love Me are singles from their highly anticipated album "I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It". The 1975 have kept their trademark dark lyrics, but have moved onto more of a pop sound with some seriously funky bass lines.
I am beyond excited to hear the new album, it's been far too long.

Enjoy!
G.x

No comments