Top 15 Tracks of 2015


Hiya everyone! Hope you're all good!

Brace yourself, kids. Grab a bevvy, we're about to jump into my Top 15 tracks from 2015!
These are in no particular order, they're just 15 of my favourite songs released this year.

1. Duke Dumont - Ocean Drive

Okaaay I know I said there was no particular order but, this was probably my number one tune for this year. It's simply gorgeous. No other words needed, a sadly under rated track!



2. Jessie Ware - Champagne Kisses
Okay this could probably be classed as cheating, technically this was a track on Jessie's album Tough Love. Which was released late 2014. BUT this video and song was released in 2015. So it makes my list. In my eyes, this woman can do no wrong. Silky, smooth, sensual vocals, she is of a higher power and must be respected at all times.



3. Alesso - Cool

One of my top feel good songs. It's so uplifting, always gets me through a tough work out and the video just cracks me up. Alesso is definitely just one of those guys you'd want to go on a night out with.


4. Miguel - Coffee

Miguel's was one of my most anticipated albums for 2015, and he didn't disappoint me. This is my favourite track from the album. His voice is always a pleaser.


5. Lianne La Havas - Unstoppable


This woman. *insert heart eye emoji* she is my definition of a girl crush. I've listened to her for a long time and there are so many things I admire about her. Firstly, that VOICE. Secondly, she's such a unique artist. She steps away from the mainstream path and sticks to her art, we need more people like her. Neo soul/Indie soul needs more attention!


6. The Weeknd ft Lana Del Rey - Prisoner

I knew I'd love this track before I even heard it. Lana and The Weeknd. It's like they got into the studio and thought "What would Gemma like?"
I don't really need to say anything else.


7. One Direction - What A Feeling

This song, I've played this song at least once a day since their album came out. I think as a band they've really found 'their sound'. Plus, from the beginning you can hear obvious Fleetwood Mac influences, and who could be mad with that?! 100% 1D's best song to date.


8. Grimes - Flesh Without Blood

Coming from one of my favourite ladies in the industry, I knew I'd love this one. Grimes is one of those rare artists that change the way you view music. She's completely independent and takes no crap. Makes music that she loves and really makes her music into art.


9. Eagles of Death Metal - Save A Prayer

Now then. I'm a sucker for anything Duran Duran, so when this album dropped, it was difficult for this track not to be my favourite. A banging cover.


10. The Darkness - Barbarian

This band!! Under rated, painfully under rated. A lot of groups have very little energy left when they've been around for over a decade, but The Darkness came back and better than ever with this track!


11. Lapsley - Hurt Me

Oh my word I'm not sure how to even begin with this one. Lapsley is so beautifully unique in her voice and the music she releases. I'm so surprised more people aren't raving about her. Stunning song, one I'm sure most people can relate to.


12. The 1975 - Love Me

Okay, come on, you must have expected this. This band has been my obsession for years now and waiting for this album has been painful, but worth it. The album isn't out until next year but luckily, we've had some singles to keep us entertained. They've kept their deep & dark lyrics, but dressed them up in bubblegum.
If I was to describe this song as a character, she'd be the bleach blonde woman in a baby pink fur coat. High heels, over sized sunglasses and probably off her nut. Walking past you laughing loud, smelling like sugar sweet perfume, but you know that woman will probably kill you. She's got some secrets.


13. The Internet - Special Affair

I couldn't begin to tell you how obsessed I've been with this song. OB-SESSED. Syd's voice is so smooth, mellow and seductive. The Internet are insanely talented and severely under rated. I'm hoping to see them live next year.


14. Banks - Better

Another painfully relatable song. Banks is another one of my industry favourites. Her vocals are like no other, and always seem to shake me to my core and somehow question the meaning of life. A beautiful track, a desperate plea. True artistry 10/10.


15. Leon Bridges - River

Some say best till last, and I think this is no exception. I don't have the words available to me, to be able to describe why I love this song so much. It is so powerful, it just takes you higher. It's a song made specifically for your heart, your heart deserves to hear this. There's so much hatred and pain going on in the world and this just lets you break from that. For these 4 minutes, it's like you've been taken to another world and are cleansed of all of the pain you've ever felt. I have no idea how this isn't more popular, do yourself a favour... no matter what music you are into, whack in some headphones and get lost in this stunning track.


So that's my list of the top 15 songs for this year, and I can't even start on how excited I am to hear what the next year has in store.
Have a good new year's eve, see you all in 2016.
Big love.

Enjoy!
G.x

4 comments

  1. Good sélection ! thanks for this article J'ai moi aussi épuiser mon bouton replay pour Miguel et surtout le titre de Jessie Ware - Champagne Kisses je l'ai ecouté pendant des mois !!
    Love Banks , 1975 qui est un clip audacieux est surtout celui de grimes qui ma agréablement surprise avec ce nouveau clip, elle est unique ! good découverte Lapsley - Hurt Me
    Sarah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved listening to Leon Bridges this year too - he has such a nostalgic presence :)

    Alice // the-rose-glow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't he?! I'd love to see him live xx

      Delete