#FridayFeeling!

Hiya everyone! Hope you're all okay!

So, this week I've been slowly putting together this #FridayFeeling playlist. I recently started a new job and living that Monday-Friday life is making me look forward to the weekend even more than I used to, so that's what's inspired me.
I've chucked in some new tracks and some older tracks. Just things I enjoy listening to when I'm having a drink with mates, or getting ready to go out! So scroll down and I'll list the tracks and a little bit about them.


1. LuvBug ft Talay Riley - Resonance This track is one of the relatively newer ones on the list. I think it was first released around 5 months ago if remember rightly. LuvBug cannot do any wrong by me right now, I am just sitting by waiting patiently for them to announce a London set because, best believe, I will be the first one buying tickets.

2. Breach - Jack Obviously. Obviously this track would be on the list. I am obsessed and always will be. It's one of my absolute favourite songs to listen to while I'm getting ready for a night out. There's just something about it. Breach tend to make good "getting ready" tunes!

3. Years & Years - Desire Believe it or not I first heard this song at hiiigh volume, in a taxi. Yep. A taxi! We were stuck in rush hour on the way home. He decided to blast this song and ever since then I've been shocked at the fact I hadn't heard this tune before. It's so, so good. Class for a Friday night.

4. Matrix & Futurebound ft Baby Blue - Magnetic Eyes This is definitely one of the older tracks on the list but old is by no means bad. Matrix & Futurebound always manage to put me in a good mood and get me going. I'd even notice at work a while back, if it came on it seemed to almost give me an energy boost and lift my spirits. Couldn't want better for the weekend.

5. Calvin Harris - You Used To Hold Me This is one of my favourite Calvin Harris tracks E V E R. I think it was released around 2010 and if I'm going to be brutally honest, I think this is when Calvin Harris was at his best. Before this was "Flashback" and after was "Bounce"
He has always been and will always be pure fire, but I think this period was his best. I know a few people who would kill me for saying that.

6. Clean Bandit ft Jess Glynne - Real Love This is one of the newer tracks on the playlist also. Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne. Could you get a better combination? That was a rhetorical question because no, you can not. They are like spaghetti & meatballs. Posh & Becks. They belong together.

7. Kiesza - No Enemiesz Kiesza. Kiesza, what a babe. This woman has been one of my favourite artists to break into the mainstream in 2014. Her voice, her musical style, her dance moves. I don't think I need to say much more.

8. Redlight - Lost In Your Love Ah this track just brings back so many memories for me, brace yourself, it's story time. I used to work in a little newsagent type shop in a local train station and I used to Lone work from 7pm till 10:30pm when I'd have to close alone too. No managers and no colleagues around. Everyone had gone home. So naturally, I used to completely crank up the radio, and this was always playing around that time. You best believe, I got in to trouble so often with train station security and ticket desk workers. This is why I am not suitable for retail!
9. Marina and the Diamonds - Radioactive Oh my gosh. I can literally remember the day I first discovered this track. It is legitimately one of those tracks that I can get lost in and listen to on repeat for about an hour without even realising. Such a good'en to listen to, especially if you're getting ready to go out!

10. Cash Cash ft Bebe Rexha - Take Me Home This track also takes me back to that newsagents I worked for. I remember, this was being played a lot on radio 1 around 2013 and I got caught multiple times dancing and singing this at the top of my lungs. Needless to say, the company received a couple of complaints from boring people. Haha, memories.
11. Shift K3Y - Not Into It I immediately went crazy for this track, come on now, he's bringing back some old school Cassie. I'm absolutely dying to experience this one live. I saw Shift K3Y live at the beginning of the year at Village Underground in Shoreditch and loved him. Again, he's another one I'm just waiting patiently to release tickets.
12. Secondcity - What Can I Do I adore this track, that's simply the only thing I can say. It's such a feel good tune. Perfect for the playlist, it would be a sin to leave it off.

13. Kove ft Melissa Steel Now. This track has to be one of my favourite tracks released in the whole of 2014. I remember the first time I heard it I was on the way to Great Yarmouth, in July. It was when the weather was really hot and we were having those huge thunderstorms at night. Anyway, it took us 4 hours to get to Yarmouth because there were road works literally the whole way. Sat in traffic jams in 30-something degree heat isn't the one. But this track made it so much better for me.
14. All About She - Higher If you're looking for feel good, you've found it. It's so refreshing and happy. Definitely one I like to blast at obscene volumes, till someone has a go at me. Of course.

15. Ray Foxx ft Rachel K Collier - Boom Boom (Heartbeat) I'm so sorry I hate to repeat the words "feel good" again, this is such a feel good tune! A personal favourite for when I'm getting ready for a night out.

16. Krishane ft Melissa Steel - Drunk & Incapable This track is also one of my absolute favourite tracks to be released through 2014. So happy, up beat and refreshing. Melissa Steel has done soo good this year! Girl done good. This one always goes on when I'm getting ready or if I have mates round for a drink. You know those tracks where you cannot sit still while they're on, It's one of those ones. Put it on loud and I dare you to sit there without even tapping your foot or nodding your head. You wont do it.

17. Wilkinson ft Talay Riley - Dirty Love Oh hello again Talay Riley, second time on the list. This is another one of those tunes that just uplift your mood instantly and gives you a sudden energy boost. Amazing one to get you pumped up.
18. Chase & Status - Alive Speaking of "pumped up" this track is that. This track is just so pumped and energetic. I always listen right before going out, even better if it's on in the taxi! Or I even listen to this one while working out. It's one of those.
19. MK ft Alana - Always (Route 94 mix) Now don't get me wrong, I adore the original MK mix of this track. But Route 94 just give it that tiny bit extra, you know? Either way, either remix you listen to, it'll get you to that place. You know, the "I'm so ready to go out, see my mates, have a drink & vibe to some tunes" kinda place. Although, the clubs around me are a bit iffy on the "tunes" but.. I digress.

20. Waze & Odyssey ft R Kelly - Bump n Grind 2014 This track was everything I needed in my life this year. I adore R Kelly - Bump n Grind. Just to hear it around again has just been out of this world.

So I hope this playlist can help you get pumped for the weekend, enjoy!
G.x

4 comments

  1. You got some proper tunes on there! Love this! I start my new job on Monday, so I'm with you on that one! Hope you're enjoying it :)

    www.henryskat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope your new job went well. x

      Delete
  2. Fab playlist! I love that Clean Bandit song. :)

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete