The 1975 - Medicine



Hiya everyone! Hope you're having a good weekend!

So I know this post is about a week late but I've been in that much of a trance with this song that I haven't been able to find the words to talk about it! Seriously though, I'm just over the moon to be able to hear something new from the 1975.
This song is called "Medicine" and they wrote this for the Drive re score BBC did. They just changed the whole soundtrack for the movie and The 1975 contributed their work. And boys did good! It fit the movie perfectly.

For me, this was the perfect song to release around this time of year. It reminds me of Christmas. Well, the band in general remind me of Autumn/Winter. Because I remember so clearly, they released their first full length album last September and I had literally never been so excited to get my hands on an album like I was with their debut and they really didn't disappoint me. I was, and still am, impressed with every track on there. Obviously I had heard singles/EPs before the album but first album of a band you love is always a big deal, amiright?!
So in turn I was obsessed with them around last Christmas, it was literally all I would listen to. To this day I go through phases where I'm really in the mood for them and I whack their album on and don't stop from first to last track. There's something very calming and therapeutic about their music and I love how different they change from track to track, while managing to keep their unique sound. Some of their tracks make me want to go mad, run away and be crazy. Then some of their tracks are gloriously ambient and make me question the meaning of life.
I remember the first time I heard them was I think.. 2012, Zane Lowe played Sex for the first time on Radio 1 and I was like "what in the world just graced my ears?!" and I was instantly interested in hearing more from them. Now that it's been over a year since I laid my ears on a fresh album from them, I'm just over here desperately wanting and waiting for a new one.
If you're a fan, let me know below what your favourite 1975 track is. I could talk about them 24/7. What worse is, I don't really have any friends who are fans! It sucks! I mean, some of them like a couple of tracks but... It's not fair. I'm all alone.

I hope you enjoy!
G.x

No comments