#ThanksZane


Hiya everyone! Hope you're good.

Today, sadly, is legendary Zane Lowe's last day broadcasting from Radio 1. I just wanted to quickly take this opportunity to thank Zane for all the incredible work he's done with BBC Radio 1. 
Although I've unfortunately never met him in person, yet.. he's genuinely one of my biggest inspirations in professional life. One of the few people I've looked up to, who inspired and encouraged me to study for a career within the music industry, more specifically as a Radio DJ. 
Everybody has their inspirations, those rare people they look up to and think 'Wow, I want to do that, I want to be that' and Zane was always that focal point for me.
He is truly, hands down one of music's most enthusiastic fans. That fact becomes so blatant to the point that his enthusiasm and passion is infectious. It's beyond refreshing to listen to another human being who is just as passionate, if not more passionate, about music than I am. And that's saying something.

Cliche to say but, I discovered so many of my favourite artists because of this man. He introduced some of the biggest artists to the music world and has started the careers of so many deserving people, given so many unrecognised artists their first plays.

His intense excitement for this industry has honestly been what's driven me to follow my dreams. It's the absolute end of an era and I can only hope to one day, have a DJ career half as successful as his.
Radio 1 have a massive hole to fill and I'm just glad I've been fortunate enough to hear Zane throughout his career and listen to his last show as I write this post.

Thanks Zane. Your energy and passion cannot be matched, no one can compare to the #KingOfRadio
G.x

No comments