This Day For Music: Confessions On A Dancefloor


Hiya everyone! Hope you're all okay.

So this day, TEN whole years ago, Madonna's tenth studio album (Ten clearly a lucky number for the babe) "Confessions On A Dancefloor" went to number one in the U.S. This album went to number one in 40 countries!



I know that a lot of people had very varied opinions on this album. I never really hear many bad reviews, it's more "meh" reviews. I've heard people say that this is an 'okay' album. I actually had a conversation with a colleague about this album, they said:

"Verging on safe for Madonna, she's just taking it back to the dance floors where she shot to fame and really kick started her career."
Personally though, hand on heart, I am obsessed with it! Maybe it's a nostalgia thing. I remember when I was younger I used to replay this CD over and over, dancing around my bedroom to it. My mum always shouting upstairs telling me to 'turn it down' because she couldn't hear the TV.

My favourite track was always "Get Together" and to this day I still love it. I think it's just a nice tune to chill to. Easy listenin' & all that.

Enjoy!
G.x

2 comments

  1. I grew up on Madonna. My mom had the VHS of her Truth Or Dare tour and I loved watching and listening to the songs, but this is the album that I listened to on my own and actually liked the singles. My mom hates her newer stuff, too dance-y she says. :( She'll listen to David Guetta and Skrillex but Madonna's "too dance-y" whatever! I'm still obsessed with "Hung Up" if I hear it on the radio! I really liked her album "Rebel Heart" it came out in March. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ah yeah! I haven't really listened to "Rebel Heart" much, I might check it out! x

      Delete