Foo Fighters - Something From Nothing


Hiya everyone! Hope you're all okay.

Woohoo, brand new Foo Fighters track! Hurrah! I was sat in the car listening to Radio 1 this morning and was graced with the beautiful, familiar sound of Foo Fighters.
For those of you who don't know (seriously? Why don't you know?) Foo Fighters are an American rock band formed in 1994, founded by ex-Nirvana drummer Dave Ghrol.

I've seen a couple of people talking about this today in quite a negative way. "Not as good as their last" or "Should have hung up the mic after the last album" and honestly, I have to completely disagree. Obviously I completely disagree, I wouldn't post about a song I don't like. It is quite different to their previous songs but that does not make it bad! Seriously, this song is incredible. I do think it takes a couple of plays to really appreciate it because first play you're like "okay" and by the end you're like "whut?!"
If you get that, we speak the same language.
This track takes you on a journey. At the beginning it's all chill, keeps it about the lyrics. But then the song builds up to a delicious climax from 2:50 which left me mind-blown and staring  mouth wide open at my radio like it had just spoke to me. I'm loving the style variations and anyone who dislikes this track can just leave and close the door behind them.

Am I the only who who gets some Black Sabbath sounding vibes from this? Anyway, let me know down below what you think!

G.x

No comments