LV and Josh Idehen - Islands

Hiya everyone, hope you're all okay.

Today I wanted to talk about an LP I've found pretty exciting. It's called "Islands" and it comes from LV & Josh Idehen. LV are a production duo in south London and Josh Idehen is, in the words of his Facebook bio, a poet, workshop person, songwriter, novelist, show producer, spoken word promoter, writer, frontman and side chick.

The video I've included above is for a track called "Waiting For The Night" and it was the first song I heard from their new LP. I think the name Islands is absolutely perfect for this collection of music because every track stands alone and tells it's own story but then it all adds up and flows together to create something bigger. Their music stands out from everything in the charts right now. It tells a story. If I was to liken their sound to anyone I'd say they're like a modernized Faithless. But not too alike, they're totally unique and undoubtedly special. If I had to pick favourite tracks from the album, I think I'd have to say New Pen and Waiting For The Night.
I love having artists like this representing the UK/London, it just proves that the UK are undeniably killing the music scene right now.

Make sure you check out this LP because I can guarantee you, you will fall head-over-heels for them, as I have.

Click >>HERE<< to be redirected to LV's SoundCloud
Click >>HERE<< to be redirected to Josh Idehen's Twitter, where you can also find links to his Tumblr page

G.x

1 comment

  1. Hey there! I love your blog its absolutely fab I nominated you for the liebester award! For more details check out unefillemorderne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete